Tuesday 28 October 2014

Happy Hallowe'en! Trick or Treat?

Do you remember your childhood Halloweens?

#Halloween is my favourite event of the year. There is something awesome about dressing up and getting free candy! And imagination - you had to have imagination to put together your outfit.  Today, you just shell out a few bucks at Value Village and presto! Your #pirate costume is ready.

A few times in my childhood I was ill with tonsillitis or a cold and so pissed that I couldn't go out. This was very depressing. I'm not sure if it was the loss of free candy or the missing of the spotlight as I paraded around in my best Raggedy Ann or evil Witch  #costume. As the years passed, the celebration of Halloween never got tired or dull.  The costumes got crazier and sexier.... nowadays it seems like everyone wants to dress up like a stereotypical #prostitute or drag queen. Human behaviour is remarkably and inextricably tied to sex.  Even the kids' costumes are being criticized for being too sexual.

All Hallow's Eve - the night before All Saints Day.  What a dichotomy!  If you want to get your freak on, give us a call and we'll be happy to 'trick or treat' with you!  604-569-1136

No comments:

Post a Comment